Too many posts? Here are the best of the bunch:
Stories of fascinating, frustrating, and funny cross-cultural experiences.
- Brazil Mystery #5: Our Lady of Mini-Skirts
- Brazil burnout coping strategies
- A foot in two cultures
- Consumers vs. creators of culture
- Samba de roda
The ups and downs of the journey in creating my very own micro-business from scratch.
- The 1000-Day Rule – Revisited 777 days in
- 2012 was the year I started something big
- Redeeming the scraps
- A tale of two students: why willpower matters
Thoughts on home life, relationships, daily routine, and the little things in life.
- Brazil Mystery #1: Where have all the R$2 bills gone?
- American comforts and the lack thereof
- How to walk in Salvador
- What I won’t miss about Bahia, and what will be hard to get used to in the U.S.
- My new home
Sometimes adventure stinks and that’s all there is to it. But a good rant can help.
- Why high heels handicap women
- The slow death of the Brazilian honeymoon
- Life and luxury
- Things I miss about the U.S.
- “Time is money”
Musings, imagination, and philosophizing that provide some food for thought.
- And my 2012 theme is…
- Two portraits of life in Salvador
- Cleanliness, communication, and compromise
- A magia da capoeira (The magic of capoeira)
- Rosh HaShanah reflections
Teaching & Learning
Lessons from a lifelong teacher and lifelong learner.
- FAIL or WIN?
- What your English teacher really thinks
- Competition in the suburbio
- When my students travel to my country
- The Difficult Student
Experiencing the world with an adventurous soul.